Sunday, August 28, 2011

Printmaking

For some reason I haven't caught up on all the prints I have completed in Printmaking so far this year. So this post will be a catch up of images.

 'Roller Coaster'
This was the second lino cut print I created. I was lucky enough to get two prints done for the lino cut project.

Reduction Lino
'Primary'


Collagraphs
We then moved onto Collagraphs - images cut out of mat board.


'Geometry'

'Slipstream'

'Upright#1'
(the next three versions were experimentation with colour and combinations of the plate)

 'Upright#2'

'Upright#3'

'Upright#4'

Screen Printing
First week of screen printing we just played with printing one colour onto butchers paper to get a feel for screen printing. As the class progressed we were able to play with colour, which I did.



The following week we worked on collages to prepare for a paper stencil screen print, which we started printing last week. My print will be a four colour print. The following is the first two colours complete.





A slightly surreal image I am calling 'Treading Water'.


I'll post the final screen print once completed - hopefully in class this week. If I get through this quickly I may be able to print onto a T-shirt as well, which would be great fun.

No comments: