Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pottery - Handbag vase - completed

Back in February, I posted a blog entry about creating a handbag vase. Well, it is now finished. Starting at TAFE delayed the completion as I had to find time to glaze it and take it to BACG for firing, but I finally did it.


The colours are a little brighter than in this picture as the light washed out the pink a bit.

I love the green that peeks out of the inside of the vase and the pocket, that has worked really well. I like that the glaze is not a solid colour, that there is a wash effect - that worked pretty much how I wanted it too.

I'm going to make a few more of these, experimenting a bit more with shapes and colours.

Now to find a posy of flowers to put in it.

3 comments:

Raylee said...

very pretty.....has a personality of its own....will look good with flowers too!

Elaine said...

Thanks for visiting Raylee and for your comment.

I love it, and can't wait for the spring flowers to come out so I can pick some to put in it. (Might have to go buy some this weekend from a florist just so I can see what it looks like)

Raylee said...

thank you to you too... for taking the time to visit our blog & for your comment on my photos.