Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Ceramics - Ritual Vessel - WIP#9

My pot is still drying but today I was able to add a coat of engobe in preparation for bisque firing.





I love seeing the pot covered in colour, although it won't end up this colour at all. It is just an undercoat really and once I put the underglaze on after this has been bisque fired, the engobe will show through that final colour to give the piece some interesting texture and colour.

It took about an hour and a half to cover the whole pot with the engobeas it took a long time to get the colour into the nooks and crannies of the design.

3 comments:

Bruce Long said...

its hard to imagine it not white, but will be interesting to see the final colours. What ritual are you planning to perform with it?

Elaine said...

the ritual of gathering dust on the shelf I think

Bruce Long said...

as timeless as the days of our lives...