Monday, May 16, 2011

Art Gallery Visit - 12 May 2011

We went to the Art Gallery of NSW on Thursday to see the Archibald, Wynne and Sulman Prizes, along with a couple of other exhibitions.

I caught an earlier train and wandered through the city from Wynyard, up to the State Library and across the Domain to the gallery taking photographs on my SLR for my photography on Illusions of Space. It was a really enjoyable walk and I'll have to plan to do that every time we head to the city for an excursion.

I enjoyed seeing the Archibald, the first time I have viewed this and some of the Wynne prize, but the Sulman was a big disappointment.

We also viewed the Photography & Place exhibition, which was really interesting and had some beautiful photographs by some very talented people, and the Eikoh Hosoe 'Theatre of Memory' exhibition, which was wonderful. I especially loved the 'Embrace' series of photographs that was included and would love to see more of these. I was disappointed that Eikoh Hosoe gave a talk only two days before - I would have loved to hear him speak about his work.

Here are a couple of pics I took around the gallery...





1 comment:

Kay said...

wow..lovely!