Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back to school - the Easter Bunny has left the building

I headed back to TAFE today. K. has a pupil free day today, so she was very happy that Mum had to go back to school but she didn't. She stayed at home with Dad.

Ceramics was first class for the day, and I have finished the main part of my pot. Just the handles to do now and then on to decorating it.

I'm really happy with it. It is not quite the same as the shape that I originally envisaged creating, but I have gone with how it has unfolded rather than get twisted up about its perfection or lack thereof! lol

I have to come up with a design for two handles now, that will curve from the top of the next down to the curve of the pot. Time to think...

And this afternoon in drawing class it was time to start on our interiors triptych. I had to choose which three photos I was going to work from and then get started.

This is the start. I will be using graphite and charcoal for this drawing. Can't wait to see how it turns out. The compressed charcoal looks so rich on the paper.

No comments: