Friday, March 11, 2011

Success at the Blacktown Show 2011

We dropped into the Blacktown Show tonight, so K. could see if she won an award for her artwork (and if I did too) and to see the fireworks.

Unfortunately K. didn't win a prize - maybe next year - but I did.


I'm glad 'Bree' won the Birds & Animals section. Whilst she's not my favourite type of dog, she turned out beautifully in pastels.




I certainly wasn't expecting to win anything in the Pottery section. I just entered the very first piece of pottery I made in the Pottery - under 1 year experience section. I was up against some really beautiful work, so I was very surprised to win this. But it is very encouraging! My husband came up with the title for this piece - 'The Perfect Man'. That may have helped seal the deal!

No comments: