Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ceramics - Ritual Vessel - WIP#1

Today we started work on our second project in Ceramics. We are making a ritual vessel inspired by Ancient Chinese bronzes c400BC. I found the pot I am using for inspiration at the Chinese Warriors exhibition that we attended a month ago and we spent last ceramics lesson formulating design and decoration based around ritual in our lives.







We are building the pot using coils (we are using paper clay), which is fun and I built to about 15cm here. The whole pot will be about 40cm high. And then I have to decorate it in a similar style to the way the Chinese decorated their pots at that time using the symbols or decoration that I was inspired to create/design for this project. I'm looking forward to getting back to class next week to work on this.

No comments: