Sunday, March 06, 2011

Budding artist

My daughter decided to get creative this morning, on her own, without help from mum, very rare indeed! She is left-handed and she feels quite negative sometimes about her own abilities - which she doesn't need to feel - especially her writing and drawing. I was thrilled to see her creating and just having a go without thinking about it so much.

She is into Garfield right now, reading the comics all the time. It is the book of choice to take to school.


So she decided to make her own Garfield...






She told her teacher she wants to be an artist like mum... and she has told me that I don't need to go to art school because my paintings are perfect the way they are. My daughter knows how to make me feel good (and she also knows which buttons to press when she doesn't want to have to go to before and after care at school - she wants me to stay at home and be there just for her! lol)

1 comment:

Robyn G. said...

Fantastic Garfield!!!