Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pottery - Pelican - WIP#6

Here are the pics I took after repairing another few cracks in the wings today. I really hope that I can get this to dry without too many more. Otherwise it may be I end up with a wingless pelican!




I have some more sgraffito to do to get the markings complete, but otherwise I believe he is done.

I am really surprised by how I am not disheartened by the fact that this is cracking all the time, that I may have to go back to the drawing board. I have so enjoyed the learning experience of making this pelican. I don't think I would have gotten as much out of this process if I had been successful in completing this on the first weekend.

I'm looking forward to moving onto to another sculpture and seeing what I make of it after the lessons learnt with the pelican.

No comments: