Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Something old...

I was talking to a very crafty relative of mine the other day, and I reminded her of a present she gave to me way back in 1983. She had forgotten all about it so I said I'd take a pic and post it here to remind her. She has always been crafty - this is just an example of her early work...

It is a little dog made of pom-poms that she made for me for my birthday. I have kept it stored in a special box frame, so it has remained a nice creamy white and isn't covered in dust, like so many other trinkets and keepsakes that I quite frequently forget to dust.

She was a clever chook even back then! I still don't know how she joined the pom-poms together to make this - and it has lasted... count them... 27 years!

And just to prove how her craftiness has evolved over the intervening years, here is the pom-pom pup with a couple of new friends made for a much older birthday! I obviously still like to receive toys for presents - some things don't change!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Awwwww, thanks Lainie, how neat to see that funny little puppy again... Gosh 27 years!!!