Friday, September 17, 2010

More spring bulbs a-blooming

I have taken quite a few photos the last few days. I haven't had as many ranunculus and anemones this year as I thought we would, but I think the fact that three rather large cats enjoy sitting in the garden, munching on grass and squishing my bulbs probably has something to do with it...lol!

These ranunculus are nearly finished but they have put on a beautiful show this year.


Nearly missed these ones as the cats sat on them and squished them down amongst the leaves and grass.



And for something a little different...

I was talking to a relative about the NZ Christmas Tree we have in our garden. About how I love the variegation in the leaves as the new shoots grow. This is the first flower to appear so far this year, but when the tree is covered in them and the new light green shoots it looks fantastic.



Our pink Bottle Brush is preparing to bloom as well. This little branch of buds caught my eye...


And that is all from my Spring garden for today. Who knows what might appear tomorrow?

No comments: