Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blacktown City Art Exhibition 2010

I went to the opening night of the Blacktown City Art Exhibition on Friday night. My painting, 'Canoes on the Lake', was selected to be displayed in the exhibition, which will run from now until mid October at the Blacktown Arts Centre.

It was a really great evening. There are some fantastic artists in Blacktown and Western Sydney, many of whom were honoured by the awards on the night. My painting didn't win anything, but that is not important to me. This is the first time I have entered this exhibition, and I am thrilled to have been selected.

The atmosphere on the night was really welcoming and friendly. I've been to other opening nights, and they didn't have this strong feeling of comerarderie. We stayed a lot longer than we meant to and wandered around the exhibition two or three times, as well as watching the awards presentation.

I'm going to go and wander through the Exhibition again this week, when there are less people there and spend a bit more time looking at the artworks. It is well worth the visit if you are in the Blacktown area.

No comments: