Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beau (Kelpie) - Pastel Painting - WIP#3

After quite a break, I have had a chance to get a bit more done on Beau, whilst I was at an Open Day for my local Art & Craft group. In between chatting to visitors and other members of the group, I did get about 2 hours work done.


I have added some background colour, but it is not quite right, and I have realised the dog's right eye is too high and needs to be lowered a little. Have added some contours and will have to go in with the highlights to start bringing this all together.

It was good to get messy with pastels again today. It has been too long.

4 comments:

Adriana Meiss said...

Hi Elaine, I'll look forward to see this painting finished. The one of the Chinese Crested dog is very beautiful. I enjoyed seeing your pics of flowers and the kittens too! We found 3 under our porch not long ago and it took us almost 2 months to find homes for them. I wish we had kept one though.

Melody said...

Wow, you are so talented.

Elaine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Melody. It's going to be fun to look for the colours in our days, thanks to Robyn.

Elaine said...

Thanks Adriana. I really love painting the animals. Can't do them plein air though - not in this detail. I'll have to have a play sometime with my cats and see what I can come up with from life.