Thursday, May 13, 2010

Watercolour Class #4

I have had a few weeks break from watercolour class due to various family crises, but I was back on Tuesday night. It felt like I'd forgotten everything and was back to square one, but as my instructor said, these paintings are just to get me used to using a brush and mixing colour.

I feel like I have no idea what I am doing. I am so used to pastel where I can add, blend, brush out and start again, and great intensity of colour. Watercolour is so different. So many rules and one mistake and you can scrap the whole thing. Although at this early stage there are so many mistakes that if I had to scrap it I'd go through too much paper and paint!

Monochrome landscape for this one. So easy to see where I went wrong.

I wonder if I'll last all this term or if my fingers will itch too much for the pastels?

1 comment:

Robyn said...

This is so funny hearing you say, 'wonder if you'll last - itching fingers' I totally understand that feeling *grin*
BUT... I love what you're doing... keep at it... it looks wonderful!!