Sunday, May 02, 2010

Abandoned - WIP#8 (Old Car Pastel Painting)

I can't believe how long this painting is taking. Of course, having 4 weeks off since last touching it doesn't help, but I know I am getting bogged down in the detail.
The headlights have improved and are slowly looking like they should, the logo is now marked in on the radiator and I have added in a few of the lights that were needed. I spent quite a bit of time straightening some of the metal frame and that is so fiddly to do. But two hours passes so quickly (the amount of time I spend each time I work on this painting) and I probably need to sit down and work for a longer period to get this done.

2 comments:

Kay said...

you have inspired me.. I found an old truck like this one in a field down the road..so tomorrow hoping sun comes out so can get some nice photos of it.

Elaine said...

I am so enjoying working on this painting, but the detail is taking a lot longer that I expected. But I think it will be worth it in the end.