Thursday, March 11, 2010

Castle Hill Show 2010 - Pastel Award

I was thrilled tonight to go to the opening of the Castle Hill Show to receive the 1st prize in Pastels for my painting 'Canoes on the Lake'

Some people who attended made some really lovely comments to me about the painting. K. came with me as well as my mum and a friend (Peter was away for work) and she behaved really well considering it was not any fun for a 5yo. I don't think she was very excited for mum - she was more interested in the pretzels.

(If you are looking for the WIPs of this painting on my blog, I originally called it Boats on Lake Phewa as I hadn't really thought of a title for it then)

I'll have to go back to the show on Sunday afternoon to collect any paintings that don't sell. It would be nice if the 3 entered paintings sold, but I'll have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Simply Lovely...great composition and yummy color

Kay said...

I went back and looked at our other paintings and I am in love with the Greyhound..you really are able to capture dogs ...

Elaine said...

Thanks Kay. I love the greyhound painting too. She is a friend's dog, and I gave them the painting as it was the first one I painted on velour paper. It was an experiment that succeeded very well. Velour paper is great for painting animals in pastel.