Monday, March 22, 2010

Abandoned - WIP#6 (Old Car Pastel Painting)

I stood the photo I'm working from next to the painting today and stood well back - and I'm finally happy that everything is in the right place. It has taken me a bit longer to get here than normal, but I think all the straight lines make a big difference. I had to get them right for the car to look right. And when you are starting with a banged up, crooked old thing, that's is what I have to end up with.


It is now time to lay down some more colour and finish the background.

Each of my WIP photos is usually taken after 2 hours of working. This one has had some interrupted sessions so I think I'm at about 10 hours on this so far. I can't believe how much drawing this one entailed. So there will hopefully be some big changes in the next photo I take of this painting, rather than the small increments it has seemed to me so far.

No comments: