Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Self Portrait - WIP#5 - almost complete



Only a few minor touches to finish this off now. I need to get rid of 'halo' lines around the image, finish the hair and that's about it. The background is a bit washed out in this photo - it is much stronger in real life, but it also needs a little darkening near the face. Just a touch, mind you.

I am certainly much happier now that it is near complete and I can see a good likeness. It's not the most flattering view - I'm sure I could have had better angles to work from - but you go with what you have. It's me and it's got red in it, so that's good.

And I got to use one of my Sennelier sticks - the red - which was so creamy to use. Can't wait to use more of them.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I think it looks fantastic and it's very definitely you!!
Congrats!