Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life drawing class - 21/22 November - with Colina Grant

I have been very lucky. I got the last place on a weekend course with Colina Grant in Life Drawing at the Sydney Art School in Baulkham Hills. It is the weekend before my birthday, so an early birthday present! I attended a one day workshop in pastels with her earlier in the year, and the outcome from that was the 'Lake Phewa, Nepal' painting than won a Highly Commended at the Lane Cove Art Awards in August.

Helen, who runs the art school, kindly let me know by email (as I was a previous pastel workshop participant) because she thought I'd be interested - and I was. I haven't been to any life drawing classes but my best friend Bruce, an experienced artist, has often told me that I should find one as they help to free up your drawing. I haven't spent a weekend painting before so that will be fun, and I'll hopefully meet some interesting local artists as well.

4 comments:

Bruce Long said...

lets hope its not one of those classes where everyone has to take a turn at being the model!!
(love the little boxes too, not sure I have the patience for it but looks great)

Elaine said...

I have been told we have a very voluptuous model for the weekend! So no, not the students, thank goodness.

Robyn said...

Wooohoo, have fun!!

Bruce Long said...

voluptuous models are great to draw! If her name is Siobahn and she has the penguin books logo tattooed on her arm, say hello from me :-)