Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas Decorations

After celebrating the fact that my daughter is now free of her egg allergy (Yah!!!) I sat down to make some new Christmas decorations. I haven't made any in years, probably not since I was in school, but it is a lot of fun. I'm going to get K. to do some running stitch on a few more so she can be a part of this, and learn something new at the same time. But I had to make sure I could make them first :) .



  So here are the first four. Very rustic (or at least that's what I'm calling my unskilled embroidery). I'm not going to show you the back of them - lol. We are going to make them as gifts for some of her school friends and maybe the teachers.

I stitched my first ever french knot making these and a star stitch. Running stitch and blanket stitch I have done before. I'll have to play with some other stitches whilst doing these. My writing stitch is made by sticking the needle in and seeing what happens - looks like it, doesn't it?

But we like them and that's what counts isn't it?!

I was inspired by my SIL's Christmas Ornament swap (she's a quilter).  Visit her blog at Daisy Quilts.

Update 27/11: I made a bell today - and included a little cross-stitch. Will take a pic and post soon. These are fun - and quick!



1 comment:

Robyn said...

I really LOVE yours and K's 'rustic ornaments' - so gorgeous and Christmassy!! Wooohooo!!