Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Landscape Painting - Pokhara Nepal - WIP#6

It's finished. Have to take a photo in daylight rather than under fluorescents, but thought I'd post this anyway. The lights have washed out the colours a bit.



I had a busy day today. I spent two hours this morning and then class time tonight to get this done so I can take it and get it framed tomorrow, ready to go into an art show on Friday.

I decided to remove the post from near the centre of the painting at the suggestion of a wonderful pastellist on Wet Canvas. I hadn't even thought to remove it, and yet it was a really good idea. Composition is something I'm still getting the hang of, so any suggestions are very welcome.

I'm really happy with the way the boats have turned out and I love the colours.

1 comment:

Leonie said...

That is sooo beautiful. More landscapes. I love it.