Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Landscape Painting - Pokhara Nepal - WIP#3



When I look at the painting it feels like I didn't get much done tonight, but I had the dusty hands to prove I did! Had to fix the bow of the boats as they weren't sitting quite right, added some highlights to the mountains and did a bit of work on the pier.

Sadly now, it is school holidays for 2 weeks, so unless I get some Katie free time, I probably won't touch this until term 3 starts.

Photograph is not fantastic colour-wise as I had to take this tonight under flouros and the colour is off.

2 comments:

Adriana Meiss said...

Hi Elaine, Your painting is great! I'm with you about blending. You just have to do what's needed to achieve the effect you want.

Elaine said...

Thanks Adriana. I haven't painted a landscape in ages (I've been having too much fun with animals) but I am enjoying painting this one a lot.