Monday, July 06, 2009

Landscape Painting - Pokhara Nepal - WIP#2

This morning I continued working on the painting I started at the Colina Grant workshop yesterday. Colina recommended not blending anything, but after looking at the painting today, I couldn't leave it as it was. It wasn't going to work for me, so a-blending did I go.



For anyone who doesn't like the blended effect, I'm sorry - but I couldnt' stand it any longer. All those little texture holes just weren't what I wanted in this painting.

I am so much happier with the painting now. I still have more work to do on the pier and I haven't touched the people at all. Now that the sky, mountains and water are blended I can go over and bring back the texture that I want rather than putting up with the texture the surface forced me into.

I'm really glad that I decided to work on this photo. I took this myself back in 1989 (can't believe it is that long ago now) when a girlfriend and I took a trip to Nepal.

No comments: