Friday, April 10, 2009

Portrait study


Had the yen to do some sketching today so chose a portrait to do. I only worked on this for an hour and need to spend some more time on the skin colour if I was going to go on and do a portrait from this. But it was fun to do. There are still a lot of things that would need fixing but I'm just going to move on and sketch another person and improve with each one I do (I hope!).

In a Canson Mi-Teintes sketch book (black pages), 9x12", Rembrandts and Faber Castell Pitt Pastel pencils.

3 comments:

MadeByBruce said...

is it Jennifer Hudson or Kelly Rowlands?

Elaine said...

It is supposed to be Jennifer Hudson, but I made her face too long in my sketch but by then it was too late to go back and change it as I wanted to make this a fairly quick thing, rather than labouring over it.

MadeByBruce said...

apparently she's recently lost a lot of weight, so you might be more accurate than you thought ;-)