Sunday, September 21, 2008

Spider Orchid revisited

So, after scrapping the background on this painting as I was so unhappy with the way it was going, covering it in purple and then setting it aside, I decided to go back to it and rework the background. I was inspired by a painting I saw that had the background out of focus to emphasise the foreground objects in a way that I felt would work for this painting. Whether I can capture that same quality - well, I'll wait and see.



There are still some changes to be made, but I am much happier. (Probably anyone else looking at the comparison of the one I scrapped and this one will wonder how much difference there is, but it is there for me, and that is what is important.)

1 comment:

Laubaine said...

hello, thank you for your comment on my blog, your creations are interesting has to look at