Sunday, May 11, 2008

Blue Sun Orchid WIP - #4


So this is the latest version of my painting from last Tuesday's class. I'm certainly not moving quickly with this one, but I do feel I am closer to finished by a long way than I was last week. Still need to deepen the shadows in the centre of the flower and finalise the background. Also have concentrated on the flower so far and need to finish the stem.

I am really happy with the blend of colours that is coming into the top upright petal of the flower. It is amazing to me how well the colours mix in together as you add more layers of pastel to the paper. And taking a photo each week of the painting is helping me to see where the painting still needs work - a great tool.

But, I am very happy with this painting so far. Can't wait to see it finished.

(Note. There was no sunshine when I took this photo so the colours look a little different from the last photo)

No comments: