Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dishcloths #2,3 and 4

I am really enjoying knitting dishcloths. I can't believe how relaxing it is to just sit and knit. Having K. with a gastric bug also provided more time to knit as I was awake most of a night again with her, poor kid. I've been watching Prime Suspect whilst sitting up listening for K.: I am up to Prime Suspect 4 now, having worked my way through 1,2 and 3 in the last week. And knitting too!

Many thanks to the wonderful people who have contributed dishcloth patterns to the free websites such as Knitting Pattern Central to make it easier to just sit down and knit without having to hunt too hard for a pattern.

Dishcloth #2 - Moss rib I really like the effect the variegated Peaches & Creme Raspberry Swirl has made on this one.

Dishcloth #3 - "Baked with Love" designed by Rachel van Schie. This one used up almost a whole ball of Peaches & Creme Rose Pink. It looks nice but I probably wouldn't do one with this much work again.

Dishcloth #4 - King Charles BrocadeThis was worked in the Peaches & Creme Rose Pink again. I like this pattern a lot. Took me about 3 hours all up so quite quick.

I just need to weave in the ends and block them so they sit square and then I'll give them out to the family to try.

Must admit that the arthritis plays up a bit in one elbow when I sit knitting for too long. So I will have to spread the work out a bit instead of sitting and doing a cloth in one three hour session.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Lainie, they look really fabulous!!!
Very nice and cheerful for any kitchen...:D