Friday, February 15, 2008

Blacktown Art Show

My portrait of my father has won first place in the portraits section of the Blacktown Show. The pencil portrait of Katie, aged 4 months received an encouragement award. So two out of five ain't bad!

The portrait of my dad is above (with another portrait between) the one I did of Katie.

The pencil sketch of Katie is at the top of the display, with my Mt Fuji pastel below. (Because it is a small show, they had included pastel landscapes with graphics. They are reviewing the categories for next year, thank goodness!)

Me with my winning portrait.

3 comments:

Darla said...

This is great! Congratulations!
Your father's portrait is very striking, the pose is very individual....and that's what a portrait is supposed to be.

Elaine said...

Thanks Darla. I appreciate the comment, even more so after seeing your wonderful pencil portraits.

Leonie Tillman said...

Wow. Go Girl. Congratulations! I love the portrait of your dad. It's a really happy portrait. I love the bold colour. It makes it very contemporary. Love it.